Are you craving a delicious yet low-carb, keto-friendly dressing for your salads and veggie dishes? Dip, drizzle, and savor the creamy bliss of keto ranch dressing. This healthy homemade option not only tastes great but also fits perfectly with your weight-loss goals.
Our simple recipe calls for just a few ingredients and spices and comes together in minutes. With its perfect balance of creaminess, zestiness, and herby goodness, this low carb ranch dressing will make any salad more delicious than ever before!
At only 0.9 net carbs per serving, it’s the ultimate flavor upgrade for your keto lifestyle.
Ranch dressing is the ultimate sauce that can dress up almost any meal. Most popular in the United States, it is used to eat raw vegetables, as a salad dressing, or drizzled over savory dishes like pizza and wings.
This homemade keto ranch dressing recipe is the perfect way to use up magic 1-minute mayo and tastes amazing with air fryer keto chicken wings.
Keto ranch dressing is crafted using a combination of sour cream and mayonnaise, which provide a creamy base for the dressing. The flavor is enhanced with additions like lemon juice, dill, parsley, and chives to create an addicting blend that is both low-carb and keto-friendly.
- Sour cream – Full-fat sour cream adds richness and a little tangy to the base of your ranch dressing.
- Mayonnaise – Select a real mayo that has no added sugars, or make your own using our 1-minute mayo recipe.
- Lemon Juice– Fresh lemon juice works best to add brightness and a refreshing tang to the keto ranch dressing.
- Herbs and Seasoning – Parsley, dill, chives, garlic powder, and onion powder are used to season the dressing. Fresh herbs can be used, but we prefer dried herbs since the dressing will last longer in the refrigerator.
- Salt and Pepper – Freshly ground salt and pepper added to taste.
- Water – Use sparingly to adjust the consistency of the homemade ranch dressing. Water helps to make sure it is not overly thick and allows it to be easily drizzled or dipped.
See recipe card below for quantities.
There are two methods that can be used to make low carb ranch dressing.
- You can mix all your ingredients together in a bowl.
- Or, you can shake them all together in a jar with a lid.
Choose the method that works best for you!
To start, combine all the ingredients except the water together in a bowl. Mix them together until well combined and smooth. If the dressing seems too thick, you can add a little water until it’s the right consistency. Start with a tablespoon of water and gradually add more if needed. Stir well to mix everything together.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the salad dressing to an airtight container. Refrigerate the keto ranch dressing for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together and for the dressing to thicken slightly. This step is optional but results in the best flavor.
Shake or stir the ranch after chilling to ensure there is no separation. Your keto ranch dressing is now ready to serve!
Hint: To make keto ranch dip to eat with raw vegetables, simply skip the additional water and serve the dip on the thicker side. Be sure to chill the ranch dip for an hour before using it for the best flavor.
Need to replace one or more ingredients with something else to meet your dietary needs? Check out the list below for our recommended substitutions.
- Sour cream – Greek yogurt or a combination of Greek yogurt and cream cheese can be used as a low-carb alternative to sour cream.
- Mayonnaise – Use more sour cream or Greek yogurt in place of mayo. The ranch will taste tangier but will still be tasty.
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemon zest can be used instead of lemon juice to add a citrusy flavor.
- Dried Dill or Parsley – Substitute dried dill and parsley with finely chopped fresh dill and parsley. You may need to double the amount of fresh herbs to get the same flavor.
- Chives – Chopped green onions or scallions make an excellent low-carb replacement for chives.
- Garlic powder – Minced fresh garlic can be used as a substitute for garlic powder.
- Onion powder – Finely minced fresh onion can be used as a low-carb alternative to onion powder.
- Water – Water can be replaced with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk if you want the ranch dressing to have a slightly creamier consistency.
Keep in mind that using fresh herbs, garlic, or onions in your ranch dressing will make it spoil faster than if you use dried herbs and seasoning. So, your keto ranch dressing might only last 3-5 days instead of the usual 7-10 days.
Take your keto ranch dressing recipe to the next level with these 5 delicious flavor variations below:
- Spicy Jalapeno Ranch – Add finely diced jalapenos or a dash of hot sauce to the keto ranch dressing for a fiery kick and a spicy twist.
- Buffalo Ranch – Incorporate a tablespoon or more of buffalo sauce into the dressing for a tangy flavor reminiscent of classic buffalo wings. Perfect for ranch dip.
- Herb Garden Ranch – Throw some fresh herbs like basil, tarragon, or cilantro into the dressing to give it a burst of vibrant and aromatic flavors.
- Smoky Chipotle Ranch – Introduce some smoky heat by adding a spoonful of chipotle chili powder or adobo sauce to the homemade ranch dressing.
- Lemon-Pepper Ranch – Enhance the zesty element by adding lemon zest and extra freshly ground black pepper to the dressing. You could also sprinkle in some lemon pepper seasoning.
Drizzle this ranch over our slow cooker buffalo chicken lettuce wraps!
To make keto ranch dressing, you will need the following equipment:
- Mixing Bowl– A medium-sized mixing bowl will be required to combine and blend the ingredients effectively. You could also use a jar with a lid to shake the dressing together.
- Whisk or Spoon – You can use a whisk or spoon to mix the ingredients together to make your dressing.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons– Use measuring cups and spoons to accurately measure the quantities of sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and various spices needed for the recipe.
- Plastic Wrap or Airtight Container– If you plan to refrigerate the dressing after preparation, you will need some plastic wrap to cover the bowl or an airtight container-like jar with a lid to store the keto salad dressing recipe.
By using these tools you will be able to quickly make your ranch dressing and store it safely.
To store your keto ranch dressing, follow these steps:
- Transfer the prepared dressing into an airtight container or a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place the container in the refrigerator. The dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for 7-10 days if using dried herbs, garlic, or onions. Ranch with fresh herbs, garlic, or onions can be stored for 3-5 days.
- Before you use it, just give the container a little shake or stir to mix everything up and make sure the flavor is consistent.
This homemade ranch dressing does not hold up well when frozen, so we do not recommend freezing the dressing. You can cut the recipe in half or double as needed to meet your needs.
For the tastiest flavor, let the dressing chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. This gives the flavors a chance to blend together, creating a more delicious and well-rounded dressing.
While Hidden Valley Ranch may be low in carbs, the ingredients list is not keto-friendly. Hidden Valley Ranch uses vegetable oil, buttermilk, sugar, and other ingredients that are not keto-approved. We recommend double-checking the ingredients if you decide to buy store bought ranch dressing.
The main difference between ranch dressing and dipping ranch is that ranch dressing has a thinner consistency and is typically used as a salad dressing, while dipping ranch is thicker so that it sticks to food dipped in it.
To make homemade ranch seasoning, combine dried herbs and spices such as dried dill, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in the desired ratios for a flavorful ranch seasoning blend. You can mix the seasoning into unflavored powdered creamer for a shelf-stable ranch seasoning powder if you’d like.
We do not recommend freezing ranch dressing since it will change the texture and flavor of the dressing. While you can technically freeze ranch, we recommend cutting the recipe in half instead of freezing it if you don’t think you will use all the keto ranch dressing before it spoils.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Please rate this recipe.
Keto Ranch Dressing
A creamy and tangy keto-friendly dressing made with sour cream, mayonnaise, herbs, and spices.
Servings: 12 servings
NET carbs: 0.9g
Adjust servings: 12 servings
Prevent your screen from going dark
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the water. Mix them together until well combined and smooth.If the dressing seems too thick, you can add a little water to achieve the desired consistency. Start with a tablespoon of water and gradually add more if needed. Stir well to incorporate the water into the dressing.
Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or transfer the dressing to an airtight container. Refrigerate the keto ranch dressing for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together and for the dressing to thicken slightly. This step is optional but results in the best flavor. Shake or stir the ranch after chilling. Your keto ranch dressing is now ready to serve!
To make ranch dip skip the water and leave your keto ranch thick.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat.
- Wash hands after touching raw meat.
- Don’t leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods.
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.